Nah. I accomplished 71k in November, so I’m pretty confident I can do it again.
I will be writing Friends Lovers Chaos, which is part rewrite, part a revamp of a story I began a couple of years ago. I can’t wait!!
Here are some things I find useful when writing:
- Notepad & pens
- System cards
- Post-It notes, in various colours & sizes
- Antonym & Synonym dictionary (Collins makes an excellent one)
- A printout of character profiles for a speedy glance when needed
- Chocolate, candy, pretzels, snack bars (I LOVE ‘Emma & Tom’s’ dried fruit and nut bars!!)
- Travel mug to keep coffee hot (the NaNoWriMo one is excellent for this reason)
- Writing program (I use Scrivener, but Word is fine too)
- More candy (trust me, you’ll need it)
- Cute stuffed animal (for those moments when you want to cry, give up or bash your head on your desk)
I have written 3,004 words so far. I am on track and can’t wait for tomorrow. I’m off to read House of Leaves and maybe have a nap!
Good luck to all participating in Camp NaNoWriMo!
*National Novel Writing Month. Usually in November, but there are two ‘camps’ a year (April and July – where you are put into virtual cabins with 12 other writers). The aim is to the goal of 50,000 words in 30 days (though in Camp NaNoWriMo, you can set your own word goal).